The Wood Room is located in MRDC 2317. Acquired in the Summer of 2015, this comprehensive woodworking shop has everything that you need to fabricate and finish projects made of wood or plastic. The Wood Room can safely handle a room occupancy of 20 individuals, but PIs reserve the right to restrict this number in times of high traffic or usage.
Personal Protective Equipment
- Safety Glasses - Available just inside the door
- Closed Toed Shoes - Either your own or our lovely shoes of shame.
- No Snag Hazards - Remove items like neckties and loose watches, and tie up loose hair.
- Hearing Protection - Both earplugs and over-ear protection is provided.
- Dust Protection - Disposable face masks and a particulate filter are available.
GTPD NUMBER: 404-894-2500
- Consult the Red book located in every room. Emergency protocol per machine can be found on the wiki for each machine.
- In the event of an Emergency that has resulted in injury or possible loss of life dial GTPD immediately. Phones are located in every room.
- If there is a fire, and it is small, put it out and clear the smoke, even if the fire alarm goes off. Make sure that you always have an exit in the process.
- If there is blood, contact facilities to clean it up. Make sure that all contaminated items are disposed of properly (e.g. no bloody razors in the trash unless in a labeled container)
- There are first aid kits in all of the rooms, know where they are and get familiar with what is in each of them.
- If you alone after hours when there is an emergency, get to a phone as quickly as possible and call for help. If you are working alone at night, be sure that you have a cell phone or access to a phone and GTPD's phone number on hand.
- If in doubt, CALL FOR HELP. It is always better to be on the safe side.