This is a page in progress.
The Waterjet Room is located in MRDC 2211. Acquired in the _______, this was the studio's very first room. Between the Waterjet itself and our Laser Cutters, this room has everything that you need to fabricate 2D profiles and engravings. At a size of _______sq ft., the Waterjet Room can safely handle a room occupancy of _______.
Personal Protective Equipment
- Safety Glasses - Available just inside the door
- Closed Toed Shoes - Either your own or our lovely shoes of shame.
- No Snag Hazards - Remove items like neckties and loose watches, jackets with trailing strings or loose sleeves, and tie up loose hair.
- Hearing Protection - Both earplugs and over-ear protection is provided.
GTPD NUMBER: 404-894-2500
- Consult the Red book located in every room. Emergency protocol per machine can be found on the wiki for each machine.
- In the event of an Emergency that has resulted in injury or possible loss of life dial GTPD immediately. Phones are located in every room.
- If there is a fire, and it is small, put it out and clear the smoke, even if the fire alarm goes off. Make sure that you always have an exit in the process.
- If there is blood, contact facilities to clean it up. Make sure that all contaminated items are disposed of properly (e.g. no bloody razors in the trash unless in a labeled container)
- There are first aid kits in all of the rooms, know where they are and get familiar with what is in each of them.
- If you alone after hours when there is an emergency, get to a phone as quickly as possible and call for help. If you are working alone at night, be sure that you have a cell phone or access to a phone and GTPD's phone number on hand.
- If in doubt, CALL FOR HELP. It is always better to be on the safe side.