The base bath is used to dissolve support material from objects printed on the Stratasys Dimension 1200es and Stratasys uPrint 3D printers. It is located in MRDC 2211. This bath contains a very strong base (pH 14) so appropriate caution should be taken.
- <What the tool can do>
- <When to/not to use>
How to Use
To use the base bath:
- Remove as much support material as possible using physical means without damaging the part. Use safety glasses as support tends to fly off.
- Carefully lower the part into the bath, inside the basket if it will fit. Use gloves when necessary.
- Turn on the bath heater and agitator in the control panel.
- Wait for a long time.
- With gloves on, carefully move the part from the basket or bath to the sink.
- Thoroughly rinse the part and gloves under water.
Tips and Tricks
- <Usful links for materials, tips and tricks, project ideas, etc>